Sunday, April 25, 2010

With this I have been commanded ...

A man came to the Prophet (peace be uppon him) and asked him to give a gift, so the Prophet (peace be upon him) said, "I have nothing at my disposal, but purchase at my expense, for when something comes to me, I shall settle the debt." Umar r.a. therefore said: "O Messenger of Allah, you have given it, so Allah has not you with what is beyond your means!"

The Prophet (peace be upon him) disapproved fo what Umar r.a. said, so a man among the Ansar said: 'O Messenger of Allah, spend, and do not fear any impoverishment from the Lord of the Throne!" Allah's Messenger smiled (peace be upon him), and delight in the Ansari's saying was recognized in his face. Then he said: "With this I have been commanded!"

From Ash Shamail Al Muhammadiyya - Muhammad Bin Isa At Tirmidhi

No comments:

Post a Comment