Friday, December 11, 2009

Mighty Majesty

Dawn to dusk I read Frost, Baudelaire
Longfellow among others. Enjoyed verses,
Written with rhyme, meter, depth, and care;
Then came time to put them on a hearse.


Salut! Distinguished poets. Go your way.
I come home full circle, I find new life;
I jolted from deep slumber have fell prey
To words that cut sharp my heart like a knife.


"The hour draws nigh and the moon is rent asunder"
Sung inhuman voice; words of such majesty.
Weighty words break my back and I ponder
the Author of this creative beauty.


Verses of love bore by the beloved;
Messenger of love carefully delivered.


-Khaadim


If interested in ghazal's, read this article, where I came across 54:1 of the Quran: "The hour draws nigh and the moon is rent asunder". 


Translation by Muhammad Asad:
"The Last Hour draws near, and the moon is split asunder!
But if they were to see a sign, they would turn aside and say, "An ever recurring delusion!"
Many translations exist, but none can ever do justice to Al Quran. As they often say, the Quran is "un-translatable". For a variety of translations visit Al-Tafsir.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment