Sunday, April 26, 2009

Think well of your Lord

Abu Hurayrah r.a. reported that the Messenger of Allah (peace be upon him) said that God says: I am as My servant thinks of Me. If he thinks well of Me, I am good to him. If he thinks ill of Me, I am bad to him. (Bukhari)

According to Ibn Masud r.a., the Prophet (peace be upon him) said: I swear upon the one and only God who created all and everything that He only offers you what you hope for from Him. All good is in His power. (Tabarani)

And Abu Hurayrah r.a. reported the hadith: To think well of God is one of the best forms of worship. (Abu Dawud)

Jabir ibn Abdullah r.a. said, “When your life in this world ends, hope for God’s mercy at your last breath.”

Abu Hurayrah reported that the Messenger of Allah (peace be upon him) said:On the day of judgement, God will condemn a sinner to Hellfire. When he is brought to the edge of the fire, he will look back and say, “O my Lord, I always thought well of You!” Then God will pull him back from the fire and say, ‘I am as My creature thinks of Me.” (Bayhaqi)

Taken from Imam Birgivi’s book “The Path of Muhammed”, peace and blessings be upon him.


No comments:

Post a Comment